Saturday, September 10, 2016

Hunt for Random Acts of Kindness not Pokemon




In my area, a new craze has caught on. Instead of catching Pokemon (which I'm not ashamed to say I do also), the big thing is to paint and hide rocks. Kind of like a scavenger hunt. At this point you're either thinking, "What?" or "Sweet. we play to", but hear me out. The point of this game is to spread cheer and joy within our community. You don't have to be a great artist to play and there's no age requirement. The rules are pretty simple:

  • You can paint rocks, or not
  • You can hide rocks, or not
  • You can find rocks, or not
  • You post hints to your rocks, or not
  • You can share your designs within the social media group, or not
  • If you find a rock:
    • You can keep it
    • You can take it and re-hide it somewhere
    • You can leave it
    • You can share it with others
    • You can add rocks to it
    • You can replace it with a different rock, or not
There are a lot of these groups around if you such local media for them. Type in your city and "rocks". Again, the point is to spread joy and cheer with others. In my area, people have said that this has helped them become closer as a family as they will now paint and hide and search for rocks together. Several others have also said its helped them with depression and anxiety. I know several families who have said its helping their autistic children communicate more.  And I think that's the best part. That this one simple activity by many random strangers is helping so many people in so many different ways. I am really glad and grateful to be a part of this. 

As such, I wanted to share it with all of you. Maybe you have hidden rocks or other treasures in your area. Maybe this is the first time you are hearing of it. Either way, I would love to see any rocks and/or treasures you make if you decide to play along with us in your own areas. 

Here are a few I have done and sent out into the world :)
I post more on my Instagram, check it out. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment